Sunday, October 10, 2010

Promenade on the Peninsula 5K

So I ran in another race and this one was right in my backyard.  Nice and close at the local mall with a couple of loops around.  It was tough at times since the streets are downhill which means you have to come back up it.  I really wanted to walk on my second loop of uphill but I forced myself to keep running (granted it was much slower running.)  I updated my new Nike+ GPS app last night and I am glad I did.  They have a new feature that posts that I am running on facebook.  Then if someone comments on the post while I am running, I get cheering and cow bells while my music is playing.  Really cool!  I think I did fine, just over 30 minutes which isn't too bad with all the hill running.  Still I wish I was under the 30 minutes.  Oh well.  Next year's goal!

No comments: