Friday, August 27, 2010

1988 Dodgers World Series in RBI Baseball

So I was actually at this game in 1988, when the Dodgers won Game 1 of the World Series. I was only 9 at the time. When Kirk Gibson came out of the dugout, the whole stadium went nuts! Everyone stood up cheering and I couldn't see (the guy in front of me must have had a sombrero on, or something). Anyways, I stood up on the seat, which promptly folded in on me, causing me to fall and get stuck in the chair. So there I am; stuck in my seat, crying, while the whole stadium is going bonko for what could be a walk-off win. Well, my dad pulled me out of the chair, I was able to stand up and see Gibson launch it into the right field pavilion. Greatest baseball game I have ever seen. On a similar note, RBI Baseball is easily the greatest video game ever!