Friday, June 10, 2011

Exit Through the Gift Shop

Exit Through the Gift Shop directed by Banksy
2010
★★★✰✰
So I had heard of Banksy and had seen some street art before making this an intriguing subject for me.  The first half of the documentary was great.  A lot of insight into the street art world and into people like Banksy and Shepard Fairey.  Then the movie changed into full coverage of Thierry, "Mr Brain Wash."  He had been the guy to film much of the footage of the street artists from the first half of the film.  Now, apparently, he is a full-fledged artist.  To me, he seems like a poser, wanna-be.  It seems like he didn't put any creativity into the "art" he produced.  No thought.  The art didn't mean anything.  The rest of the film was great.  I wish I could have seen more.

No comments: