Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas X-Ray

Christmas X-Ray by olmjohns
Christmas X-Ray, a photo by olmjohns on Flickr.
So I ended up pretty happy with my submission.  I thought it looked like an x-ray and I was pleased I could do it with the long exposure.  I think it looks good.

The Challenge:
Take a photo of a wrapped Christmas gift. Take a photo of the same gift, unwrapped. Then, overlay the unwrapped image on top of the wrapped image.
Basically, show us an x-ray view inside one of your wrapped Christmas gifts.
http://gizmodo.com/5870115/shooting-challenge-x+ray-christmas-gifts

My Comment:
As I was reading the challenge this week, I thought I wasn't going to attempt it since I don't use photoshop. I then figured that I could at least try the long exposure technique. After some shots on Christmas morning, I realized it needed to be darker so I waited until evening. I shot in black and white because it looked more like an x-ray and my color shots looked too washed out. I used an 8 second exposure and simply shot the wrapped present and then moved it out of the way and replaced it with the electronic weather station. I like the effect and I hope you do to.

No comments: