Monday, December 19, 2011

Mixed Media? Lemons

Mixed Media? Lemons by olmjohns
Mixed Media? Lemons, a photo by olmjohns on Flickr.
So I was totally clueless on this challenge.  Not happy with the result.  The white background looks horrible.  Blech!

The Challenge:
Take a photo, then create that photo into something new and physical. Then, take a photo of THAT.
http://www.gizmodo.com/5868060/shooting-challenge-mixed-media

My Comment:
I was totally lost on this project. I wasn't quite sure how to incorporate my photos into "mixed media." I ended up taking photos of some lemons from my backyard garden, printing and cutting them out and gluing them onto a branch. I liked the two-dimensionality of the lemon cut-outs and the three-dimensionality of the branch. As I was shooting it, I ended up to the side of the branch to give the lemons a squished appearance. Not sure if this is what you were looking for but I hope you like it.

No comments: