Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Point Vicente

Point Vicente by olmjohns
Point Vicente, a photo by olmjohns on Flickr.
So I don't think I stand a chance this week.  I use the rule of thirds all the time but I don't feel that this photo really exemplifies the concept.  It's a nice photo but may not be the best for the challenge.  Oh well...

The Challenge:
Capture a photo that demonstrates and celebrates the rule of thirds.
http://gizmodo.com/5875104/shooting-challenge-rule-the-thirds

My Comment:
I find myself using the "rule of thirds" a lot. I knew I wanted to take a landscape photo for this challenge along with incorporating the ocean as well. I was hoping to get a shot of Catalina Island in the background with the Point Vicente lighthouse in the foreground but the weather wasn't cooperating. Instead, I decided to take advantage of the clouds and intermittent sunlight and shoot it in black and white using my polarizing filter.

No comments: