Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Departed

The Departed directed by Martin Scorsese
2006
★★★✰✰
So I can't believe it took me so long to see this movie.  I have never been a big "gangster" movie guy.  I have seen some but never really enjoyed them like other movies.  I really enjoyed The Departed.  I actually liked watching Leonardo DiCaprio.  I used to say that I had never seen a movie with DiCaprio in it.  I have never seen Titanic or What's Eating Gilbert Grape or any other of his films due to his whiny kid persona.  Then I finally got sucked into Catch Me If You Can and I actually found myself liking a movie he was in (of course, he was playing a whiny kid in that movie).  Since my streak is broken, I guess I can see other movies with him.  All of the actors (aside from Mark Wahlberg) put up great performances in this film.  Even if you don't like gangster movies (but you do need to like violent movies) this film shouldn't be missed.

No comments: