Saturday, May 15, 2010

Palos Verdes 5K

So I ran in my third race this morning and I think it went well.  I felt good during the race and I think I ended up with a great time.  The Palos Verdes 5K was a nice run especially since it is so close (although, it is a little deceiving since it is really in San Pedro for the 5K, the marathon and half-marathon make it to Palos Verdes...)  Anyways, it was a little weird running along the Point Fermin bluffs as I used to walk here quite often when I lived in San Pedro and my wife, K, worked late at the library.  I would walk from the house down the HILL and head along the bluffs to the lighthouse (pretty cool) and then head home.  My parents made it out to the race but I had already finished and was walking back to the car.  We met up anyways and I got my picture taken so I will have at least one.  Back to the race - I forgot to stop my Nike+ timer as I crossed the finish line so I am really unsure of where I will be.  Certainly I will be under thirty minutes (my goal for this race).  But, I really don't know especially since there were no timing chips so I think the gun time is the official time.  Well, we will just have to wait for the website updates.

No comments: