Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes directed by Guy Ritchie
2009
★★★✰✰
So I love Sherlock Holmes.  The Hound of the Baskervilles is an all time best.  I really like the Basil Rathbone films so I should love this movie.  Well, not quite.  I did enjoy it.  Robert Downey, Jr. was great.  Even Jude Law did a good job.  Overall it wasn't bad. It wasn't great either. I also don't understand why Hollywood feels the need to have a female action counterpart.  Rachel McAdams was incredibly annoying and her "pants wearing, no-nonsense Victorian babe" was too far-fetched. The story was a little weak.  I am unsure why they chose a comic book to adapt into the screenplay instead of one of sixty that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote.  I would watch the sequel which I assume is being made (otherwise they are quite rude to tease us with Professor Moriarty)...

No comments: