Monday, May 10, 2010

The Tolkien Reader

The Tolkien Reader by J.R.R. Tolkien
1966
★★★★✰
So I absolutely love The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.  That is why I finally got around to reading this book.  I think it was my dad's as it is quite old.  The Tolkien Reader is filled with great poems and stories, some giving more insight into The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.  I especially enjoyed "Leaf: By Niggle" and the "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil" who makes an appearance in The Fellowship of the Ring (but was unfortunately cut out of the movie). This was my fallback book for over two years.  When I finished a book and had nothing new to read, I would pickup reading this book.  Probably not the best way to read a book but I finished it nonetheless.
You can also view my reviews at books.livingsocial.com

No comments: