Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fireball

Fireball by olmjohns
Fireball, a photo by olmjohns on Flickr.
So I finally got an iPad.  I have been using it for a few days now and its great!  I think I like it more than my MacBook but it certainly cannot take the place of my DSLR.  Its really goofy taking pictures with it and the inability to change any settings makes it hard to take great photos.  Still, its very fun to play with...

The Challenge:
Take a photo with a tablet. It can be an iPad (old or new) or Android machine.
http://gizmodo.com/5893215/shooting-challenge-rise-of-the-tablet-cameras

My Comment:
I splurged and ordered an iPad! This is my first tablet of any kind so I was super excited that this week's challenge would require an iPad. To throw a wrench in my plans though, we decided to go up to the mountains as a winter storm was moving into Southern California and we were hoping for snow. Of course, we have no internet connection at our cabin so I would have to wait setting up the iPad. I could use the camera however.
It is incredibly awkward shooting with the iPad and I feel I must look like a complete idiot holding it up while taking a picture. After snapping a few shots of the wintery mountains from inside the cabin as it was snowing and I wasn't inclined to take my brand-new iPad out into the snow. I ended up taking a photo of the fire through the grate on the fireplace using one of the Photo Booth effects. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Hope you like it.

No comments: