Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Night Photography Class 6a: Ports O'Call

So I know I just said I was in a funk but I think I busted out of it. For our final night class I shot a bunch of great photos. Too many to put into one post. I think I will break it up into three separate posts so stay tuned. So for the first part of the night, we shot down in Ports O'Call village in San Pedro. Because of the time change on Sunday, I was able to take some shots at dusk; coupled with the lights from the harbor, giving the skies a nice purple color. The shops down in the village are very charming and I can see how this can be a nice tourist destination for the cruise ships that frequent the port of Los Angeles. Even the public restrooms get a taste of the New England architecture! My favorite shot of the night has the blue lights of the Vincent Thomas Bridge (4th longest suspension bridge in California!) reflected in the harbor with a tall ship silhouetted in the foreground. Look carefully and you can see a crane (bird) on the dock. I was pleased with many of the photos I took. Here are a few more than I normally post:
Los Angeles Harbor
1 second exposure, f/8, 25mm, ISO 400 Cranes
1.3 second exposure, f/8, 55mm, ISO 400 Shoppe at dusk
4 second exposure, f/16, 33mm, ISO 400
Night falls
4 second exposure, f/16, 28mm, ISO 400
Seaman
4 second exposure, f/10, 18mm, ISO 400 Ship masts
6 second exposure, f/6.3, 55mm, ISO 100
Two masts
8 second exposure, f/6.3, 18mm, ISO 100 Harbor reflections
5 second exposure, f/18, 90mm, ISO 100 Night harbor
10 second exposure, f/11, 40mm, ISO 100

No comments: