Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Night Photography Class 6c: Fountain abstracts

So I finished my first photography class.  This is the final post for the photo shoot down in San Pedro. After getting scores of photos of the "Fountain Fanfare," I started to get bored of shooting the same thing. I then tried turning my camera to give my shots a different angle. Coupled with the black & white, this made for an interesting photo. While we were taking shots of the fountains, Bernard (our fearless instructor) offered a new perspective on the subject; "Try moving the camera vertically with the movement of the jetting water." I gave it a try and captured some great abstract shots of the water. I am very pleased with the effect (almost like fireworks in some cases) and I think it looks even better in black and white. As this was our final class, I won't have any more night posts for a little while. I may upload some of the "odds & ends" photos that I took during the course that didn't quite fit in with the assignment subject I was capturing for the week. Thanks for all the comments.
Fountain angle
1/80 second exposure, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100 Fountain abstract 1
1/10 second exposure, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100 Fountain abstract 2
1/10 second exposure, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100 Fountain abstract 3
1/10 second exposure, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100 Fountain abstract 4
.5 second exposure, f/1.8, 50mm, ISO 100

No comments: