Monday, March 5, 2012

Table vista

Table vista by olmjohns
Table vista, a photo by olmjohns on Flickr.
So I really don't like these types of challenges: "Do whatever you want."  It can be difficult to get the creative juices flowing sometimes and these weekly challenges can act as a catalyst for my photography.  I have been in a funk since finishing my 365 project so this didn't help me get anything going.  Anyways, I ended up working on a challenge that I didn't do a few months ago instead.

The Challenge:
Shoot anything you want. With your camera, not a gun. I don't have that sort of authority. Repeat, you do not have a license to kill.
http://gizmodo.com/5889591/shooting-challenge-free-for-all

My Comment:
I missed out on the "leading lines" shooting challenge, so I thought I would try to do it for this "free for all" week. It has been downright gorgeous in sunny Southern California this weekend with temperatures in the 80s and 90s. I went to our local park with my two boys and had a seat at one of the picnic tables. The view of the Pacific was amazing. I used the picnic table to add some contrast to the stark sky and shimmering ocean. I am really pleased at the angle of the wooden boards and how the black and white makes texture in the photo pop.

No comments: